It’s no surprise that summer is the most popular season for moving, as very few people want to brave cold winter weather or (for those with school-aged children) deal with the stress of relocating their family during the middle of a school year. Moving can always be a stressful experience, but with this helpful Do’s and Dont’s we hope we can prepare you for your upcoming Summer move!
- Plan and book your moving company as far in advance as possible
- Stay hydrated during the moving process
- Protect your skin from harmful UV rays with sunscreen lotion during the moving process
- Start the move early in the day if possible
- Make sure all perishable items are stored in a cool place
- Delay the transfer of your utilities
- Forget to take extra precautions for your children and/or pets
- Underestimate how long the moving process takes
What they say is true… summer moving does have its unique quirks and challenges! However, with adequate planning and the help of professional movers like Pack & Load, you will be able to enjoy a seamless and stress-free transition from your current residence to your new space!